Friday, November 28, 2008

i wish i could run away

I feel restless. Maybe it's the stress from my company's recession woes. Maybe it's travel bug. I want to do something different, or do nothing at all.


I'll be a hermit again for the long weekend.

* * * *

On top of all this, I miss good food. I want to eat authentic everything. Silly imitations just don't satisfy me.

The restaurants I've been going to lately have nothing to offer. I've tasted better.


So-so buffet at Dusit


Second plate, still unsatisfying


Too unsophisticated

* * * *

This discontent - maybe it's all chemical.

I'll run it off.

7 Comments:

Blogger Erica is Rich said...

Sure it is not PMS? Hehe.

1:33 PM  
Blogger ennui said...

I hope your running helped. I think you're getting burned out by your recession woes.

2:48 AM  
Blogger bismuth said...

one: the red pashmina, that the one i gave you years ago from my 1st trip to malaysia?

second: the painting, the one you got for a bargain at the UP auction?

third: we had the same long weekend i suppose. the world revolved within 4 walls of white concrete and around a sofa

great life this being single

8:12 PM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

ekay> no. it's the blues.

ennui> you are right.

bismuth> yes, yes, yes.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Kodak Picturezzz said...

I'd eat all of those. :)

2:36 PM  
Blogger x said...

the food looks good, though. :) i hope you'll feel better soon and that your company will be okay.

ps: i like your couch!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

retro> i ate all of them, too, hahaha :) but not with the usual gusto. there's something about hotel food that i find so generic these days.

acey> i like my danish sofa, too :) it's actually bigger than it looks. it comfortably fits three people even though it looks like a loveseat.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home