Sunday, October 19, 2008

love

I usually don't remember things I want to do, especially those I am not serious about. You know, those things you say but you never get around to implementing, like saving the world, or cleaning your refrigerator. No one remembers these things.

A couple of weeks back, I popped a balloon in a kiddie party - a very big thing for someone who was afraid of helium (I was traumatized as a child - but that's another story). I said somewhere in
that entry that I wanted to buy balloons and just pop them all day, in any way, to relieve stress.

I had forgotten all about this wish, of course.

But MSP remembered.


And last night, I came home to this:


More than 180 balloons. I almost tripped in the hallway.


The bedroom area filled with balloons.

There were also two pints of Haagen-Dazs, which MSP and I quickly ate (it was melting - yum). The night was spent kicking balloons, eating ice cream, and talking. It was the best date ever.

Sometimes I forget how sweet MSP can be.

* * * *

Morning came and it was time to pop.

Was I really going to sit on almost 200 balloons? There had to be a better way.


Solution: Airsoft


Last Mickey standing


The carnage / Dead balloons

* * * *

MSP could have done a lot better with the colors, I know. (Did he really need to use colorful balloons with cheesy messages on them?)

But all in all, his attempt was pretty good, don't you agree?

According to him, he had exactly 4 hours to go to the mall, buy balloons, go to the grocery to buy
Haagen-Dazs, sneak into the pad, blow up the balloons one by one, and then pick me up from the resto where I was having dinner with my friends (it was a city away). That's a pretty big feat for someone who takes an hour to poop / who couldn't find the dairy section if it saved his life.

Call me conceited, but I think he really loves me :)

8 Comments:

Blogger x said...

he really loves you!!!

and i like the air gun idea. it's brilliant. haha.

4:36 AM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

this love of yours make me feel all warm and fuzzy. and yes, he really loves you, silly. :)

9:05 AM  
Blogger bismuth said...

i still have tears in my eyes from reading and looking at the pictures. but got a bot scared also for you. what if there was a diamond ring in one of them balloons. hahahaha.. kidding. but the last mickey standing pix was hilarious. and tell jonas, he's my favorite friend's bf.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

acey> i guess LOL :) seven years of being with a ticking time bomb like me is no joke.

illy> how is le bf? stil warm and fuzzy despite his habit of leaving his socks on the bathroom floor?

bismuth> i don't like this crying phase of yours. have you eaten cake yet? it should restore you back to your old tough-chick self. and no, there was no ring (thank god). i would have shot it into pieces, as my hand is very precise. besides, i would prefer a bag i could not buy for myself.

(now I'M scared.)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Erica is Rich said...

Hehe. I dont think you are conceited. Mahal ka talaga niya.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Kodak Picturezzz said...

Oh this is brilliant!

Who's the good guy who went through all that trouble?

I love this post.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

retro> my boyfriend of *counts* seven years, i think.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Kodak Picturezzz said...

Of seven years. Wow.

Great guy, I must say. I already married my wife and I have not done anything this crazy. :)

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home