Wednesday, September 17, 2008

this is getting ridiculous

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I've been down with a sore throat and cough for more than a week now. To make matters worse, I pulled a back muscle yesterday. Now, every time I cough, my pulled muscle hurts like hell. There are mornings when I just want to die already. I don't want to get out of bed. My pillow rests on top of my face, like pancake on a bed of mucus syrup. I press it harder and harder against my deviated nasal septum. Die, Mussolini. Just stop breathing and die.

Of course, I don't die. I have to get up and run a company. My pretend-1950's alarm clock starts to say things like "deadlines" and "payroll." People like me have no business dying early.

Last night I decided to ignore my cough (which MSP has named "JoJo") and live life normally. Off to CineEuropa I went. The first film I saw was called Fame Chimica (Chemical Hunger), which I thought had the silliest, slowest, lamest, least riveting car chase in the history of cinema. Imagine an old Fiat Italian police car running at what seemed like 30kph and an equally lackluster Vespa, screeching at what seemed like 31kph. The Vespa won. I was laughing so hard inside my head that JoJo got worse.

Now I'm on cough syrup, which I think is making me high.

4 Comments:

Blogger ennui said...

get well soon frau benz!

2:59 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

oh maybe there's a virus going around, i'm starting to get sniffles too, and so is my seatmate here in the office.

hope you feel better! by the way, i'll put you in my blogroll okay? =D

4:10 PM  
Blogger Erica is Rich said...

Drink freshly squeezed orange juice. Usually it works for me. :D

12:44 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

i'm still a bit sick, but recovering.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home