Wednesday, January 28, 2009

the holidays are over

I can't seem to shake off the holiday laziness.

My wish is that someday, i never have to work as hard to enjoy the good life.

The last couple of months have been good, vacation-wise.

1. I "lived" in Baguio for a week. I need a home somewhere up there. I loved the fresh food, golf, and how everything was walkable.

I always woke up to fresh strawberry juice.




I took long walks, enjoyed the views, breathed fresh air.




2. And then there was Nueva Ecija for another two weeks.
Admittedly, I went only because I was too embarrassed to say "no" to MSP's family. There was nothing to see; it was just another province complete with carabaos and bad cable TV. But the holidays were just a bit more fun in that part of Luzon because of the BIG reunion.

I am an only child and my family is terrible at being a family, so I've never been to a clan party. It was new and kinda amusing.




When we're not in MSP's family's residence or resort, we would be in the "irrigation" river area, where we could sit on the benches for free, enjoy the cool wind, and eat mongo ice drops (six pesos each).



MSP's other tito also owns a riverfront property. It was nice there as well.





Le sigh.

I miss the slow life.

The only consolation is that next month, I'm off with the illuminati to Palawan. That should be a blast.

7 Comments:

Blogger bismuth said...

i can't wait for palawan.

8:15 PM  
Blogger x said...

wow, palawan with the illuminati?! i'm sure you're going to have tons of fun!

i miss baguio and it's fresh air and big trees. nice pics!

and i'm glad you have a family in your man's family. i think it's sweet.

10:11 AM  
Blogger ennui said...

le Julie said we should go explore the sunken ships and do a bit of spelunking.

will we survive??

11:00 AM  
Blogger Kodak Picturezzz said...

I can hardly remember the days when life was still slow.

Oh bummer.

2:25 PM  
Blogger - litol figgy - said...

i think life is still slow and we're just too fast. must be the caffeine.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

bismuth > same here.

acey > i'm not used to such a big family. it was fun, though :)

ennui > of course! we're fitter than we think we are!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

retro > the numbers go us.

litol figgy > or kati sa paa.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home