Friday, April 11, 2008

karl lagerfeld tops imedla marcos

Karl Lagerfeld, the head designer of Chanel, is fierce. Here's an excerpt of some of his most effusively misanthropic utterances. Read on. I guarantee you will find this very entertaining. (Even Vladimir Putin would.)

10 Things Karl Lagerfeld Could Do Without

Food.
I hate the smell of cooking. Some people love it, but I don't care for it. I don't eat sweet things. I don't eat greasy things. And I like fish better than meat. In fact, I hate meat. My doctor calls me to eat meat twice a week, as apparently we are cannibals. There used to be a Nobu here in Paris but it was very bad; it was horrible. The one one in London is great. It's my favorite restaurant in London.

Fat people.
Yes, new Russian girls are like this. But this is a subject I won't discuss. You know why? In France there are a large percentage of young girls who are overweight and less than one percent are skinny. So let's talk about the 25 percent who have a weight problem, or are overweight. We don't need to discuss the less than one percent. Anorexia has nothing to do with fashion. It's an unnecessary subject. Let's talk about the fat ones.


Children.
Do you ever wish you had a son to pass on your wisdom to, to continue the Chanel heritage?
That's the last thing I want. I hate all children. For other people, it's fine, but not for me. I was born not to be a family person.

Going to other places that involve people.
I live in certain isolation. I never take appointments in the morning. I leave my house only after lunch. I don't want to have a social life. I've had enough of that in my life. It's demode. It's another era. Perhaps people are still excited by that era, but not me. It's uninteresting today. It says nothing. It's boring, pretentious and vulgar...Even for charity, people get paid. I try to avoid charity. It doesn't happen for me. I'm rich enough not to have to do that. Thank God I don't have to do that. I do a lot of unnecessary things for free, but I'm very much against that. Money itself isn't interesting, the use of it is.

Going to other places, period.
Sometimes, to be inspired by things or places, it's better not to go there. You have to imagine. I imagine the world from my window. I am not a traveler. I hate it. I never look at my watch. The good thing about private jets is that you go whenever you're ready. That's the real luxury of today. In all my contracts it says, if you want me, send a private jet.

People who try to touch him.
Also I cannot go on airlines because people stare at me, you have to be touched by people. I hate that...I hate bespoke because I hate to be touched by strangers. It bores me to death.

Technology, the internet, etc.
I'm a computer by myself. I have a memory also for unnecessary things. Telephone numbers are a problem, but historical details are not.

Love.
Love is a subject I don't analyze publicly. Love is only an interesting subject when it's beyond. When it's down to earth it ceases to become interesting. It's a very dangerous subject. I've had so many tragedies in life, it's hard to discuss the subject.

* * * *

Now tell me, doesn't he top Imelda?

* * * *

By the way, Lagerfeld recently endorsed Hillary Clinton. Here's what he said about her:

"My favorite is Ms. Clinton because you have no real idea what she is wearing. She is so clever and so brilliant that you see only her face — but also what she wears is right, you never really look at it because one is fascinated by her intelligence. But there is never a gimmick or bad detail either."


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dunno, some of his statements sound forced to me. there's an apparent effort to be bitchy to sound witty. i bet he wasn't like this when he was younger.

imelda is a natural. she's consistent. and her spontaneity is what makes her utterly hilarious. she could live to be 100 and still be funny. :)

10:27 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

karl's bitchiness seems to stem from loneliness. imelda's delusion stems from chemical imbalances in her brain. she's truly a force of nature.

i still love the way karl says:
"I don't want to have a social life. I've had enough of that in my life. It's demode. It's another era."

he must be lonely.

12:58 PM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

i love that he hates children and being touched.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

{illyria}> he's like you, only he's old and lonely.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First he is certainly not "old and lonely", he chooses to live alone, there is so many people around him all the time, he is so loved by so many.

Second, he's not "bitchy", he simply says what he thinks openly, and his opinions may shock you and/or you may simply disagree, but he is certainly not afraid to express himself.

Personally I think he is an amazing man, very talented, and very intelligent. His level of energy is also very impressive, it would be even for a 20ish.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karl is Rich, famousinfluential but seems lonely and distant from the real world to is own quiet realm.

Imelda is also Rich,famous,influential, she is 80 but still never tires to shop,party, and attend almost all events from politics to private ones. I guess she's got too much MONEY to spend and spend and spend or waste without working hard..( since the government are still searching for the hidden Marcos Billions until now ).

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home