Tuesday, May 30, 2006

the high point of my day

MSP is sick today and did not go to work. He says he would be here in the afternoon so we could together do the payroll for the team (I call them 'team,' he calls them 'employees.' He's stuck in the 50's.)

Meanwhile I am eating lunch alone. Thank god. I mean, I enjoy eating lunch with MSP (he is my boyfriend) but today, I get to actually see my view (without his head in the way). I can eat all the meat I want without worrying if he wants more, and I can drink coffee after drinking a bottle of coke and no one will mind.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Lunch courtesy of the nice lady who runs a convenience/food store downstairs. A bowl of rice with meat and vegetable toppings -- for one. This cost me only $1.

I miss single-hood. Some people would kill for the relationship I have with MSP, but yeah, I miss single-hood. Not that I want to break up with him or anything. I just...what's the word? I enjoy moments like this -- moments of complete independence, of not having to 'synch' my clock with his, of feeling, again, like the complete person I am.

Am I terrible?

8 Comments:

Blogger Mark IV said...

hmm.. frustration aint ne1s hi pt.... but seriously- tht las question was really temptin- YES YOU ARE!!! (despite my not knowing you... it jus feels so nice to be mean over sum1s frustration!;) )

1:35 PM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

no, you're not. not living up to your name as of the moment. ;)

4:45 PM  
Blogger bismuth said...

yeah, singlehood has its advantages and perks. but not when there's a good movie showing and all your friends have seen it already with their bf's/gf's. other than that, it's fun. of course, this is spoken by someone who hasn't experienced a romantic relationship that lasted long enough to really mater.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Bubbles said...

i believe this is perfectly normal. don't overanalyze, i'm sure it doesn't mean anything.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

markiv> bah

transience> eh? whaaaaat?

bismuth> i see you and i think, YEY TO SINGLEHOOD.

bubbles> bubbles apostol!!!!! i have left the government because i could not take it anymore. what are you still doing there??

4:46 PM  
Blogger Nadja said...

mee too! i completely understand. i just came from the US. i had a taste of independence for 2 weeks and i love it... i miss being single too. hay.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

nadja> we alpha females tend to feel the same, don't we?

8:24 AM  
Blogger Perfect Virgo said...

Are you terrible? Perhaps just terribly normal... There is something powerful about independence - not many people can truly manage it.

I like the look of your Dictator's lunch for one and I approve of coke and coffee. A smart combination to undo all that horrible good work of the salad :)

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home