Sunday, May 14, 2006

i am a magnet and i attract work

Productivity is working in bed for two days with a laptop, a notebook, a mug of coffee, a wristwatch, and a bag of potato chips while art films are playing on the DVD. That has been my life in the past 48 hours.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Yes, that’s animal print.

Sometimes I feel like my days never really end – sleep flows right through waking life flows right through sleep. And I do not mean in a schizophrenic walking-in-air kind of way. I just do not follow ‘regular’ patterns now, and the only thing that reminds me that time is ticking is my wristwatch (which explains why I wear it all the time).

Even with the office running smoothly and after I have delegated tasks, I still work nonstop. Deadlines find me. They’re very good with directions. Do not get me wrong – I like that opportunities for business improvement find their way to me. I am grateful, really. It’s my fault for not being fast enough to cope. I will be.

I have to finish a report now. This owning-a-company thing is great, but it does make me work on weekends wearing oversized shirts and pajamas. And I thought I’d be in Pradas all the time.

TOTALLY UNRELATED

I was watching TRADING SPOUSES last night and I saw this father who’s pretty successful and runs a profitable business from their big house. What his family does not know is he’s in deep financial trouble. He has to work overtime to pay the bills, and he’s constantly worried about the future of the business. His mortgage runs to about $7,000, his kids are all in private school, his wife has no idea and just spends his money, and he’s stuck in his home office making calls and pulling strings and using the adding machine.

Will I ever be in that situation? I hope not. I really should keep my dreams smaller and more manageable – unlike him. I mean, he would not be in such deep financial trouble if he kept his house and his cars simple, if he just sent his kids to regular school, and if he did not force himself to project an image of affluence.

I should really forget about getting that collectible Mercedes. It just does not make sense to want to own something so useless.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Maybe one day, but not today.

5 Comments:

Blogger PATRICIA said...

yeah, just get something brand new when you're super rich and super powerful already with your super company. something i presume, wont be far too long from happening with the way you work. its people like you that will keep this economy afloat.

and feel free to link me up. btw, i really like that brown bag on your pic.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Perfect Virgo said...

When would you find time to cruise the city in a Merc? No, I think you're right, not today.

Me, I prefer the picture on your coffee mug.

12:29 AM  
Blogger /iambrew said...

u collect mercedes??? hahaha...

i love cats thus i luv ur mug.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

patricia> i hate brand new cars. i wanna be different.

pv> i have 10 cats.

/iambrew> i want to :) someday

12:13 PM  
Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVS said...

Good for you. I am a magnet too but I all I attract are stalkerazzis.

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home