Saturday, May 10, 2008

back to my other life

I just got home from a vacation of a lifetime. It was short enough NOT to get boring, and long enough to be very memorable.

Hong Kong and Macau gave me the perfect balance of shopping, dining, and intellectual stimulation (I had to brush up on Portuguese history, thank you very much).

I walked for hours on cobblestone / rode the MTR,

ate delicious truffles / street-quality nasi goreng,

marveled at remnants of history / evolved urbanity,

appreciated Philippe Starck's modern design / the cheap tiled art in Sau Paulo,

and ran after a very tastefully dressed gay man to ask where the Prada outlet store is. (He was able to give me the right directions).

I will never forget this trip.


PHOTOS HERE >>

(P.S. I have some "for friends only" photos. Kindly email me if you want access so I can let you thru.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

seems like you enjoyed your trip a lot. and your photos? talk about a walking tour hahaha; the details are indeed too many to recall haha. i wonder why i didnt see the usual macau sceneries in your photo, or are those just promo gimiks???

3:30 PM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

do you mean images of THE VENETIAN? i refuse to show those sorry imitations of italy. like i told you, they're like fake LV bags / amusement parks for drunk adults. they're abominable.

3:42 PM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

i'm glad you enjoyed your trip. you earned an unforgettable vacation. :) btw, you'll find our new community development abominable. we're building a sorry imitation of italy. think...las vegas.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

illyria> which development is this? *shudders* can't we think of something more original?

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home