Wednesday, May 05, 2010

the end of an era

Some days I think I am losing myself.

Some days, I think maybe this IS myself, and I just can't believe it -- that I am this uninteresting. A borderline snoozefest. That in Europe, I am just another face in the crowd.

I can't believe I have nothing to say. That I cannot maintain a tan for two weeks. That I cannot run faster than this. Or longer.

* * * *

It's the curse of the
fours.

I quit my old job after 4 years.

It's been 4 years since this I started this company.

It's been 4 hours since breakfast.

And 4 minutes since I hit 'new entry' on this blog.

In 11 years, I will be 4-ty.


* * * *

This concept of constancy is a farce. Nothing ever stays the same. Nothing.

Feelings change. Priorities shift. Taste evolves.

Some people are so afraid of change that they build a false sense of security with possessions. They tie themselves down to things, people, and concepts they think they own but end up owning them. I learned this early on. I won't make that mistake again.


Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger ennui said...

looking back on it now ... this post is kinda ominous.

9:27 PM  
Blogger aceychan said...

hello, how are you uninteresting??? :P

7:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"If nothing ever changed, then there will be no butterflies" - Unknown

Nakita ko lang sa may driveway ng Greenbelt 3 papuntang Landmark. Hehe

2:47 PM  
Blogger iyassantos said...

there is so much wisdom in this post.

thank you. i needed to read this.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

ennui> oo nga. f*ck.

ace> hey :) still boring.

ong > parang hindi ko yan nakikita. makadaan nga.

iya> no wisdom here. just 100% pure rant.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home