Thursday, June 22, 2006

three things

THE AUDIT

My greatest happiness this week was seeing getting my favorite white sneakers back from the dry cleaning store. (It’s immaculate. It makes all other white things look yellow).

I have run out of things to complain about. Worse, I think I have run out of the energy to complain. I could actually sit on a bench and eat a sandwich in peace without ever wondering why the world is what it is. This is making me a lot less interesting.

I have gotten so used to the pressures of owning a company (and making sure it stays afloat) that everything seems…well, LAME to me now. When I overhear people talking about their little setbacks, I want to shake them and shout: That is not a problem. Let me tell you what a problem is.

In the next few months I plan to audit my life. I want to get rid of the things that weigh me down, just so I could step back and not put too much pressure on my small frame.

I will attempt to cut down on material things. That should be a start. I will throw out the shirts I never wear. And the cheap shoes I can’t remember buying. I will attempt to survive on the basics – good quality stuff that I bothered to spend more than $200 on. The rest will go to charity.

I was planning on buying a new car (since I sold my old one to Bismuth) but what the heck – I do not need it. Yet. The office is too near my house, and MSP gives me a ride using our Korean eco-friendly/gas-saving car, anyway.

Who knows? In a month or two, I may actually be able to live in a suitcase. This culture of accumulation will wane. And after six months or a year of living a ‘simple’ life, maybe I would be able to complain again.

THE TOY

I know I’m old because I grew up playing Nintendo’s Family Computer, not the Sony Playstation. This new toy works exactly like the Family Computer, except it’s portable – it’s the size of a camera. The monitor is so clear (like a real television) and while the speakers could be better, it is still a steal for under $30!

I sound like I’m selling it, but I am not. I’m just so happy J

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


You can play virtually every old Nintendo and Sega game. There’s Super Mario, Spartan X, Ms. PacMan, Galaga, Macross, Adventure Island, Battle City, etc.

I’m going to hold on to this toy. Maybe the Playstation I only use to play Tekken should go.


THE COFFEE

Has anyone heard of DANESI CAFFE? Is it common in Europe? Around here it’s pretty expensive.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Look at the foam on this baby.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I want it. But I should not have it everyday, because as I am purging, and everyday gourmet would just be excessive. This will be my treat to myself every week. Weekly. That should work. Theoretically.

4 Comments:

Blogger paningit said...

danesi - wow!

and what is that? a FCP? a family computer portable? man, i miss the good ol' days. when the most disappointing feeling i had every weekend was defeating kuppa but having a princess decoy say, "sorry, but the princess is in another castle."

what? another fucking castle?! i almost got my balls fried by an ugly dragonturtle midget and you tell me the princess is in another fucking dimension?!

that's why i loved my ATARI 2600 more. it's 8-bit, but hey, no princesses.

like you, i'm also having problems with my own production company. it sucks.

8:35 AM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

that's a good life's goal. to audit.

mine would be to edit. edit everything inconsequential out.

10:58 AM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

yes! my betsy is proving to be a great buy. but i think i scratched the screen a bit.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

white sneakers are always cool. doesn't matter if you are 60 or 16.

danesi? might be popular over here but i haven't heard of it. i'll take a peak next time i am in starbucks!

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home