Tuesday, July 08, 2008

it has come to this

I think I might buy this book.



I know it looks VERY SAD, but I need it.

Who knew you could make scrambled eggs - and even foie gras - using the microwave?

It's only $17.99 (roughly P800) online, but I'm going to ask Fully Booked first. I might save on shipping if it's available locally.

EDIT:

MSP found a better (less sad-looking) book locally. I think I'm betting this instead:



Different sources say different things about the safety and efficiency of microwave cooking. There are some people saying microwave-cooked food is hazardous to health, but it seems that the government says otherwise. In fact, MERALCO encourages Pinoys to cook using theur microwave oven, saying that it saves more energy and preserves the nutritional value.

I don't know who to believe, but I know one thing: I need to eat. Don't get me wrong. I'm actually a good cook (just taste my original fried Gindara with balsamic vinegar recipe), but there are days when I just want to curl up in front of my TV sipping hot chocolate, not having to wonder what I'll put together for my solo dinner. This book should help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home