Sunday, August 27, 2006

waiting to exhale

sore thumb

Being “the boss” is very isolating. I do not think that the employees are really themselves when I’m around.

You can never be friends with people whose paychecks you sign.

i worry for a living

Mine is a very stressful life. Tomorrow I go back to the office thinking (again) of the company’s financial solvency, how long we can keep doing what we are doing, what changes need to be implemented, etc.

this thing about money

Owning a company has certainly made my life easier in some respects. It gives me a sense of financial security – if I work my ass off for two years and just downgrade my lifestyle a little, I may never have to worry about money in the future.

There’s a problem here, however. I can do my best to work really hard to secure my future, but can I really downgrade my lifestyle once I decide to ‘retire’? I do not think so.

When you’ve worked hard all your life, you feel entitled to play hard.

You get used to a certain freedom – the freedom to buy things that do not make sense at all. For instance, MSP buys ridiculous $300 robots every now and then while I spend money on a gas-guzzling car. When we finally decide to sell the company and live on a fixed passive income, can we really NOT spend the way we do now?

bring in the prada

Everybody is dressed up these days. I see a lot of people my age (twentysomethings) in tailored shirts and thought-out color combinations.

I want to dress better than I do but I’m just too lazy. I’m so ‘basic’ – all I ever wear are small collared shirts, (signature) jeans and clean shoes. Oh, and a nice handbag (of course). Not bad in some standards, but I’m getting sick of it. I need a change.

there goes sunday

I shouldn’t be typing away. I have to watch the news and prepare for tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger bismuth said...

we are always hungry. what's the difference, right? me, i'm waiting to exhale until february. life was much easier when we could fall asleep in that ultra mini library turned into tambayan room in college after a lunch of beef caldereta (with only about 3 pieces of beef cubes) over rice- waiting for our next class. now, why do we have to crave for the portobello mushroom raviolis of the world?

8:23 AM  
Blogger paningit said...

i think you should go back being a tyrant.

and when you retire and your lifetime savings fail you, just remember, those $300-robots will keep you afloat.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home