Saturday, August 05, 2006

live, love, eat.

Attempts at order
I recently bought a new Palm Treo to get some organization back into my life. Two days and it has already become the boss of me.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It beeps when I am one minute late from doing what I am supposed to be doing – which could be anything from taking care of business to scrubbing my walls clean to watching a rerun of Beauty and the Geek. It helps keep me on track, especially during weekends when I have to work from home. It reminds me that I have no right to be watching DVDs when there are is work to be finished, employees to look out for, worlds to be conquered.

The Treo reminds me that there are some things to respect – like appointments, other people’s time, etc. I know it’s pathetic to be controlled by gadget, but that’s just me – I have to have a beeping, nagging equipment with definite rules to abide by. Religion would work, too, sure. But until I could find a beeping morality meter, the Treo is coming with me. Everywhere.

Eating bistro style
The few times that MSP and I get to go out, we look for nice restaurants with reasonably-priced food. A few days ago after our business meeting in the good old Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, we stumbled upon a crowded bistro that served great salads and wine for about $4 per person. It was not bad at all.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

10 Comments:

Blogger paningit said...

*beep* yummy! *beep*

8:45 PM  
Blogger ennui said...

wow! wish i had a mini gadget to boss me around. hmm .. maybe i SHOULD get one. seriously. i've been writing all my to-do's on scratch paper, my desk table's a huge mess. perhaps with a treo like yours, i'll finally be able to edit my resume and actually submit it to find a new job! maybe i can write for u and i'd end up under "sieg" ;) hehe

1:00 AM  
Blogger bismuth said...

go write for sieg. and where is this bistro? nagutom ako bigla. and yeah a gadget like that can really boss you around. i dread looking at my xda just at the thought of more work it may come up with.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

a-hole> i know :)

ennui> come work withus. it's fun. and we have nice flattering sieg shirts. seriously, you can join us if you want to.

bismuth> gateway. i'm scared of your xda. it looks so fragile. the treo, on the other hand, can withstand a war. whatever. i just love palm.

1:29 PM  
Blogger ennui said...

really i can join? omigod ... nagkaroon ako ng panibagong siegla!!

12:56 AM  
Blogger paningit said...

i can't help it. i keep coming back to your blog and staring at that treo. it has this hypnotic power or something. buy me. buy me. it said.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

ennui> when do yoyu want to start?

a-hole> that's what it said to me, too.

11:03 AM  
Blogger bismuth said...

not so fragile. it fell once. on concrete! and it's still ok. i can watch movies on it too! this is ridiculous i'm defending the honor of a gadget?!?

7:28 PM  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

please stop osting pictures of food. everytime i come here i go away hungry!!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

cj> just live, love, and eat :)

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home