Monday, July 10, 2006

sloppy joe

As some of you know, I own an 86-square-foot “box.” I take my box very seriously. I scrub the floors every other day so I can safely put comfortable floor pillows. I have devised ingenious vertical storage for things I own. Everything is color-coded.

My box is a small but very orderly fascist colony – germs are afraid to even go near it. I behead them and make sure their friends and relatives find out.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Parts of the totalitarian box and some pretend-art

When my box is tampered with, I get very frustrated.

Yesterday MSP came over with his PlayStation, which he put on the floor (gasp!) and hooked up to my TV. He parked his Sunday-sluggish self on my perfectly assembled sofa and played his video games for what seemed like an eternity, eating samosas (with sauce!) and drinking from a big tumbler of fruit juice.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
He was there from sunrise to sundown. I pushed him into at least taking a shower by the 7th hour.

Unacceptable. But how do I tell him to be neater? Are men really this messy?

6 Comments:

Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

no! but don't take my word for it askmy three daughters (well two to be honest) who take off their clothes and leave them heaped upon the bathroom floor, the bedroom floor and sometimes even the lounge floor!

a scruffy mentallity knows no gender demarcation zones!
x

6:51 PM  
Blogger ennui said...

gasp! msp has gained weight! i still remember him being skinny ...

2:58 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C. said...

cj> why can't everyone just be neat?

jerm> i am part-lesbian, i think. i like looking at beautiful women.

ennui> yes, because all he does is work too hard and play video games in between. you should tell him he needs to lose weight. i do not think he believes me.

9:29 AM  
Blogger bismuth said...

beautiful women are so easier to find. and mussolini, someday soon, i hope to watch movies on your wide screen flat TV. make it sooner. you alone can do it.

11:47 AM  
Blogger paningit said...

hey! what's wrong with being a bit wide, eh? in fact, the guy's in great shape... like me.

5:00 PM  
Blogger :..M..: said...

Hehe. I was gonna write a post on my boyfriend and his unbelievable incapability of keeping things where they were supposed to be. He came over to visit me for 2 weeks and he devastated my little room. Gosh, it's taken me over 2 days to actually straighten it all up.

Boys!

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home