Tuesday, July 08, 2008

window shopping in greenbelt




I was in Gucci Greenbelt yesterday and found out that they marked this Boston bag down by 40%, so it's now only around P25,000. The only color left is yellow. I was going to buy it as I am really into colorful bags. My clothes are really plain, so I make up for the boringness with interesting arm candy. However, I would need pocket money for an upcoming trip to Kuala Lumpur. I had to pass on this one.

I also visited my favorite store Prada, of course, and talked to my favorite sales assistant. She told me that the shoes I bought from them 6 months ago ON SALE are now back to their original price (40% more). Lucky.

I also looked at some of the new Prada weekend bags. This deerskin beauty costs P140,000++. The Greenbelt store only had it in black (nero).




Photo from Barney's
Other deerskin bags are priced at around P99,000

Photo from Bergdorf Goodman

I'm not quite ready for that price range yet, so I am contented with lower-end Prada bags like the one I always carry around these days -- the Prada Crispy Nylon (Turchese). Price is P45,000 in the Greenbelt store. I love my bag. It's very unusual.



It turns out I don't have that urge to buy anything. I'm still quite contented with the stuff I already have. This article about splurging when you want to was right.

Retail therapy isn't for me. I only shop when I am happy - when I feel I deserve it because of some achievement. When I feel kinda down, I tend to save money.


Besides, I am pretty happy with the impulse gift MSP gave me -- the proudly Filipino, very well-made Fino weekender (cowhide). It's reasonably priced at P11,000 (Shangri-La store) so I won't exactly hyperventilate should it get damaged as I travel. It has all the right pockets and just the right weight. The stitching is superb. The design is old-world -- I feel like a European intellectual carrying it. I told MSP that I would use it every time I travel. I really will :)

5 Comments:

Blogger x said...

oh gosh, dear m, i'm gonna have to start calling you le bag ladeh! :)

9:58 PM  
Blogger paningit said...

bags... ALL BAGS!!!!! (shouting a la frau farbissina in austin powers)

5:15 PM  
Blogger Erica is Rich said...

Hey Ingrid. Yes this is Ekay. :) Hehe. :)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Kodak Picturezzz said...

Haha! And I wanted to say something about the Benz post.

Unfair. :)

9:02 AM  
Blogger ennui said...

I don't know if it'll make you feel better but I've heard Fino used to make Rafe bags (for Rafe Totengco of course!) but then they also made local versions in different colors so Rafe decided to stop production here in the Philippines.

It only means that even if Fino is a couture bag pirate, they make high quality stuff anyway and you should be proud of your travel bag (which we got to see in KL) Ü

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home